Do not install Mobility Print on a DNS server or Domain Controller.
- Windows 2019 / 2016 / 2012 / 2012 R2 / Windows 2008 / 2008 R2 / 2003 SP2 / Windows 10* / Windows 8* / Windows 7* (core, server, advanced server, enterprise edition, 32-bit and 64-bit editions, workstation, professional versions all supported)
- Mac OS X 10.11+ (i.e. El Capitan, Sierra, High Sierra)
- Most modern Linux operating systems including:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (6.0+)
- CentOS (6.0+)
- SuSE Linux (11.0+)
- Ubuntu (10.04+)
- Debian (6.0+)
- Others supporting GNU glibc 2.11 or higher.
The "desktop" class systems such as Windows 7, 8, and 10, allow only 10 simultaneous connections . This means that these systems should be used as a "server" to host print queues only on networks with 10 workstations or less.
- 2 GB or higher recommended.
- At least 3 GB of free space is recommended.
Internet connection is required to automatically update the software when new versions are available. For more information, see the How do I update my Mobility Print server? section in the FAQs.
The following ports must be available:
- Port 9163 (HTTP) inbound TCP to the Mobility Print Server
- Port 9164 (HTTPS) inbound TCP to the Mobility Print Server
- If using mDNS, 5353 inbound and outbound UDP to/from the Mobility Print Server
- If using DNS Service Discovery, 53 outbound UDP to DNS server from Mobility Print Server
- If using DNS Service Discovery, 53 inbound UDP to Mobility Print Server from DNS server
- iOS 9.2+
- macOS Yosemite+ |10.10+
- Windows 7+
- Android 4.4+
- Chrome OS with Chrome version 43+
Mobility Print works with the vast majority of printers. The key requirement is that the printer has a print driver for the server host operating system (for example, a Windows Driver).
Like with most jobs, preparation is key for a successful outcome. Before you start installing Mobility Print, answer the questions on the Pre-installation considerations page.