Troubleshooting Mobility Print
Here's where you'll find the solutions for the most common problems with Mobility Print. Start by going through the basic server and client checks below. If they don't solve your problem, refer to the other troubleshooting pages.
For environments set up to use printer discovery with a known host, follow the basic server and client checks below. For mDNS and DNS environments, follow these basic checks first, then if you need to perform more advanced checks, click the relevant link at the end of the page.
- Log in to the Mobility Print Admin interface.
- Click Select Printers.
- Verify that the printer is listed and published.
- If the printer is missing from the list, set it up on the print server as Local Printer (for example, on Windows, Devices > Printers). Check that it works correctly by printing using a local server application.
- Verify that the printer is a Local Printer. Printers that are hosted on another server and re-shared are not published.
If the printer name uses special characters, consider renaming the printer. Try simple ASCII characters to rule out associated issues. Printers are re-published every five minutes (or immediately if the server/service is restarted).
Verify server connectivity from the client. An easy way to check is to open the Mobility Print Help Center in a browser (http://<server-name>:9163/help).
- Ensure the client is on the network (for example, Wi-Fi). Printers are not visible when the client is on a mobile or 4G network.
- For Android, Windows, and Chrome OS, try reinstalling the app on the client.
- Check the client meets the minimum System requirements. For example, Android versions earlier than 4.4 are not supported.